The physical security examination is targeted to security professionals whose primary responsibility is to conduct threat surveys; design integrated security systems that include equipment, procedures, and people; or install, operate, and maintain those systems.
The professional holding a PSP certificate also has strong operational skills in the fields of Risk analysis and Security Survey.
Physical Security Assessment
• Assess the nature of the threats so that the scope of the problem can be determined.
• Conduct a physical security survey in order to identify the vulnerabilities of the organization.
• Perform a risk analysis so that appropriate countermeasures can be developed
• Establishing security system requirements and performance specifications
• Apply Physical Security Measures and Select Appropriate System Components
• System Design and Integration and Recommendations
• Outline criteria for pre-bid meeting to ensure comprehensiveness and appropriateness of implementation.
• Procure system and implement recommended solutions to solve problems identified.
• Conduct final acceptance testing and implement/provide procedures for ongoing monitoring and evaluation of the measures
Further information on PSP: